Frequently Asked Questions
When is the FIRC Fashion Show?
The show will be broadcast at 6 pm MST on Thursday, June 24, 2021 through multiple channels to make it available to the largest possible audience.
Will it be in-person or virtual this year?
While we can’t wait to see all your smiling faces in person, we feel it is still too early to host a large, indoor, in-person event safely. Therefore, we plan to build on the success of last year’s show and host another fabulous virtual video showcase of our community’s creativity.
The show will be broadcast in multiple locations in order to allow access to as many people as possible.
* SCTV (Check your cable listings to determine which station SCTV is played on)
* TV8 Summit Comcast Channel 8
* On the "Watch the Show" page here on this website
* On Facebook at Facebook.com/SummitFIRC.
Check out the "Watch the Show" page for more information.
What’s the theme this year?
The Fashion of the Decades – specifically the fashion of the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s. Think poodle skirts to parachute pants, miniskirts to grunge, leisure suits to tracksuits - and all the misbegotten fashion trends in between.
How can I get involved?
There are so many ways!
* Throwback pictures – We are looking to feature pictures of locals from “way back in the day” to showcase the fashion of each decade. Got a great picture of you channeling flower power in the ‘60s? We want it! Did you have mile-high hair in the ‘80s (and really who didn’t?) We want to see that photo! Did you think you looked like a member of the Thunderbirds back in the ‘50s? We simply must have that picture! Whether it was your greatest fashion WIN or a massive fashion FAIL, it will be fun for the whole community to experience it with you!
* Music Videos – Last year you amazed us with your ability to recreate iconic videos. This year, you have total creative control to make your own music video. Pick your favorite song from one of the decades and let loose! Make your own version of the Jackson 5 or interpret an old song in a new way… the sky is the limit. We are looking for at least 3 videos from each decade that channel the fashion and music of the period.
* Donate – Your donations help us help others and make our community stronger and healthier.
* Be a Sponsor – Sponsorships are closed now, but get on the list for next year!
Our mission is to build strong families which create and sustain strong communities. To fulfill that mission we offer many, many services (what would normally be 3 organizations are combined under one in FIRC. Some of our services include:
• Food Pantry
• Rental Assistance
• Parenting Support
• Healthcare Enrollment Assistance
• Mental Health Assistance
• The ALMA Program
Learn more about FIRC on the Our Mission page or check out our main website www.summitfirc.org.
If there are any questions we haven’t answered, please reach out to us on the Contact Us page and we will get right back to you!